Store Services Associate
Company: White Cap
Location: North Highlands
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible
for providing all facets of customer service to customers to
include merchandise recommendations, product knowledge, project
specifications, creating bids and special orders, processing sales
and or refunds. May also stage, clean, load, unload, sort, pick,
stock, pull or deliver merchandise. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Assists customers with loading or unloading product. Assists
delivery drivers with loading and unloading when needed.
- Greets customers. Recommends and locates merchandise based on
- Pulls orders that are to be delivered in a timely manner.
Ensures that merchandise being pulled is neither distressed nor
defective and that all quantities match the bid pick list.
- Maintains condition of the store (i.e. free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and
- Retrieves shopping carts from the parking lot.
- Places returned items in appropriate location on the sales
- Audits merchandise signage to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures product homes are fully maintained so that product is
available for purchase. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Must be willing to travel
- Retail and/or warehousing environment experience preferred.
PRID PRID140 Job Locations US-CA-North Highlands Posted Date 3
weeks ago (12/23/2020 3:15 PM) Job ID 2020-40804 Business Unit
Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Operations Remote
Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, North Highlands , Store Services Associate, Professions , North Highlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!