Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor, Ultrasound
Company: Sutter Health
Location: North Highlands
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Position Overview:The Diagnostic ImagingSupervisor provides
overall supervisory and operational support for theactivities and
resources of the designated Diagnostic Imaging site(s) forSutter
Medical Foundation. - TheDiagnostic Imaging Supervisor provides
day-to-day operational leadership inplanning, organizing, staffing
and controlling the operational functions withinthe department(s).
- The Radiology Supervisorensures optimal provision and
coordination of imaging services and resourcesfor Sutter Medical
Foundation; ensures high quality, responsive
service-levelperformance; implements various productivity
improvements and cost savingscomponents to operations; and
standardizes processes where appropriate. - The Diagnostic Imaging
Supervisor ensurescoordinated and harmonious working relationships
within Diagnostic ImagingServices, with the Diagnostic Imaging
Operations Manager, with SMF leadership,with other foundation and
hospital departments, associated medical staff, andthe public. - In
collaboration with theRegional Operations Manager, Outpatient
Diagnsotic imaging Services, theincumbent participates in and
supports the development and implementation ofnew profitable lines
of business aligned with Sutter Medical Foundation and
theSacramento Sierra Region - business planand ensures that
functions are within budget and are in compliance with SMFpolicies
and applicable regulations.
- AA degree or equivalent experience in one or more imaging
modalities required. -
- Bachelor degree in management or equivalent
education/experience in a closely related field is desirable.
- American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS)
- Prior demonstrated successful experience as a Diagnostic
Imaging Services Operations Supervisor in an outpatient or
acute-care Imaging department. -
- Demonstrated ability in healthcare supervision with excellent
experience in personnel management; budget compliance; monitoring
staff productivity; quality improvement; and adherence to quality
standards and monitors. -
- Both a strong clinical background and strong experience in
working with imaging physicians is critical.
- Demonstrated success in project coordination, implementation of
successful cost containment initiatives, and delivery of quality
service is required. -
- Experience in coordinating imaging services between multiple
sites is strongly preferred. - - -Skills/Knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of Diagnostic Imaging operations in
non-acute settings is essential. -
- Extensive knowledge of Diagnostic Imaging operations in acute
settings is highly desirable. - -
- Establishing work processes, quality and productivity
standards, and policies and procedures designed to ensure optimal
departmental performance is required. -
- A comprehensive knowledge of all Title 22/state, federal, state
licensing, and other local regulations as they relate to Diagnostic
Imaging Services is required. - -
- General knowledge of JCAHO and IMQ regulations is highly
- Knowledge of technological advancements, labor saving processes
and equipment, sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment for all
services supervised, radiology information systems, PACS and other
state-of-the-art departmental-specific systems is required.
- Excellent team leadership and organizational skills are
- An ability to prioritize multiple demands is critical.
- Proven written and oral communications skills demonstrating
excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- An excellent background and ability to form strong physician
relations with Diagnostic Imaging Medical Director as well as with
physicians' offices, SMF leadership, regional Diagnostic Imaging
leadership and other key departments is required.
- An ability to build teams as well as consensus is crucial.
- An ability to deal with complex situations and policies, rules
and regulations is critical.
- Flexibility, adaptability, creativity and innovation are
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and
ability to work independently.
- An ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing patient
care priorities is an integral part of the work
- An ability to work within and supervise the complexities
created by multi-hospital structure is critical.
- Must also be adept in use of personal computers.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of word processing, graphics
and spreadsheet software is required. -Organization:Sutter Medical
Foundation - CentralEmployee Status: RegularBenefits: YesPosition
Status: ExemptUnion: NoJob Shift: DayShift Hours:8 Hour ShiftDays
of the Week Scheduled:Monday-FridayWeekend Requirements:
OtherSchedule: Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80Applications
Accepted:All Applications AcceptedSchedule/Shift: Full Time/
Keywords: Sutter Health, North Highlands , Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor, Ultrasound, Other , North Highlands, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!